The Alberta Jobs Now program will provide up to $370 million to help private and non-profit businesses with job supports to get thousands of Albertans back to work.
Employers can apply for funding to offset the cost of hiring and training unemployed or underemployed Albertans in new or vacant positions.
This federal-provincial investment is the largest job training program in Alberta’s history. It will support our province’s recovery, help businesses re-open or grow their workforce, and give Albertans an opportunity to gain the skills they need in today’s job market.
• Applications closed. First intake closed on July 23, 2021
• Next intake: September 16 to December 31, 2021
• Third intake: to be announced at a later date
Private sector businesses and non-profit organizations across all industries can apply for funding to reduce the costs of hiring and training unemployed or underemployed Albertans. Additional funding is available for hiring persons with disabilities.
• apply for a grant to offset salary or training costs, or both, equal to:
o 25% of a new hire’s salary up to $25,000 per employee
o 37.5% of the new hire's salary up to $37,500 per employee with a disability
• apply for up to 20 full-time new hires per intake period:
o first intake: May 20 to July 23, 2021
o second intake: September 16 to December 31, 2021
o third intake: to be announced at a later date
• choose to have payments issued in 1 or 2 payments:
o 1 payment: up to 100% of the grant after new hires have been employed for 52 weeks
• 2 payments:
• half of the eligible grant paid when the new hires have been employed for 3 months
• the other half paid when the new hires have been employed for 52 weeks
For more info: